Un concept LK
LK Kunegel is launching a surprising and original new concept!
The Kut’zig open-top bus for you to explore the heart of the Alsace Wine Route !
The 170-km long Alsace Wine Route, located between the plain and the mountains, is one of the oldest in the whole of France, taking in 119 towns in both the Bas Rhin and Haut Rhin regions.
The Alsace vineyards are made up of 15,500 hectares of AOC vines and add to the renown of the region and its tourism, whether for French visitors or those from abroad. The Wine Route welcomes over 5 million tourists each year largely due its charm and reputation and add to their keen attraction to Alsace.
Along the vineyards : the secrets of Alsace
Explore the beautiful Alsace vineyards and their vines stretching out along the Wine Route from north to south, marvel at the charming fortified villages and the beautifully preserved medieval architecture, the half-timbered houses, all the little streets so beautifully decorated with flowers and the Roman and Gothic churches…
The Wine Route has many hidden treasures, delightful spots and a variety of activities on offer, it’s ever-ready to welcome you in and reveal its Alsatian secrets.
Why have a shuttle in the heart of the Wine Route?
In 2012 a study for the development in tourism of soft mobility and public transport was carried out by ‘Alsace Destination Tourisme’ upon the arrival of the Rhin–Rhône high speed train (TGV) to the region. This resulted in the need to improve tourist transport options along the Alsace Wine Route and meet the expectations of those tourists who visit our region (by car or without). And so LK Kunegel came up with the Kut’zig hop on, hop off bus, an original and innovative transport alternative to take you into the very heart of the Wine Route, the backbone of Alsace tourism.
Oenotourism : magnificent landscapes, wine cellars , gastronomy and a wide range of activities
The Alsace Wine Route does not only boast picture-postcard landscapes and villages, but also offers numerous activites and events throughout the seasons. Much more than just an open-top bus tour the Kut’zig is a genuine experience, an awakening of your senses!
Whether you are passionate about culture or architectural and religious heritage, walking or bike rides, or a connaisseur of fine wines and good food, we have thought of everything to make your time with us unforgettable.
Kut’zig : a brand new mobility concept in Alsace
Hop onto the Kut’zig open- top bus and criss-cross your way through the very heart of the Alsace Wine Route ; come as a family, with friends or with your loved one, the Kut’zig (literally meaning ‘bareheaded’ in Alsatian) will get the wind in your hair while you’re exploring the best of the vineyards!
Buy your one day ticket on the website or via the app or directly from the bus driver.
Get on and off as many times as you like so as not to miss out on any of the subtleties of Alsace!
With the mobile app you will be able to get all the practical information you require about the bus times and bus stops and about the villages you will be stopping off at and all thanks to the audio commentaries. Find out everything you need to know before you hop on the next Kut’zig taking you to the next village and get ready for the must-do activities that await you at your next hop off stop!
By getting the Kut’zig you will be able to :
– Discover the medieval city of Colmar, the Wine Capital of Alsace
– Visit Eguisheim and from there take a fun and entertaining Segway tour through the vines
– Meet a winegrower committed to biodynamic growing methods in Turckheim and taste a Grand Cru
– Take a trip into Hunawihr and get up close to storks and otters, or whichever other of the Alsace hamsters you might come across in the greenery of the NaturOparc ; a park which helps to preserve locally endangered species
– Wander around the little streets in Kaysersberg, visit the Albert Schweitzer Museum, home of the Nobel Peace Prize winner and explore its imperial castle
– ‘Launch your attack’ on Ribeauvillé’s 3 castles and take in the Fiddlers’ House
– Take a walk through medieval Riquewihr and meander along its vineyard pathway
– From Voegtlinshoffen take a bike ride to Obermorschwihr or Husseren-les-Châteaux and taste a fine Alsace wine at the Belvédère
– And on your way along the route the reputation of the Alsace chefs and their huge variety of delicious and gastronomic specialities will be tickling your tastebuds : sauerkraut ; tarte flambée, kougelhopf…
Kut’zig is a mobile app too
In addition to being a soft mobility solution, using the app you can purchase your ticket, track the location of the Kut’zig bus, check out the bus times and listen to audio commentaries about each of the stop-off villages.
What’s more find out about our suggestions for the must–see places and must-do activities guaranteeing you maximum enjoyment while visiting the Alsace vineyards.
The mobile app is free and can also be used without being on board the Kut’zig, our suggestions of what to see and what to do mean you get the most out of your stay.
ZigyourKut’zigzag way along one of the lovelist of all the French Wine Routes it s so easy with LK Kunegel!
When does it run :
- April, May, June, mid-October : Fridays to Sundays and Public Holidays
- July, August, September : Tuesday to Sundays and Public Holidays
Bus times :
1st bus leaves Colmar at 8.30am
One bus every 1h30
One-day adult ticket : from 26 €
A one-day ticket for children 12 and under 16 €
Free for children under 3 years sitting on parents’laps
A ticket is valid for one person for one day and must be shown to the driver every time you hop on and off the bus.
Where to buy the ticket ?
- On the website : www.kutzig.fr
- On the Kut’zig mobile app
- At Kut’zig retailers
www.kutzig.fr / 00 33 (0)3 89 24 76 65 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Bus fact sheet
- An IVECO open-top bus
- Sliding glass roof
- On board Wi-Fi and USB Ports
- Latest generation Euro 6 low emission engine
A sliding glass roof for the best panoramic views
In the event of bad weather the roof is shut immediately
About the company
LK Kunegel has been a family-run Alsatian firm since 1935 with a Colmar based head office. It comprises 8 transport companies, a fleet of 400 coaches and 600 staff and has been awarded with the Alsace Excellence certification.
With the financial support of the Région Grand Est :
In partnership with :
Marie Jacquet – Communications Manager
email@example.com 00 33 (0)3 68 09 01 05 / 00 33 (0)7 60 01 10 26